Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tempting and Tasty Greens

Last week I was fortunate enough to be invited to the Moon Gate Bed & Breakfast for a casual cooking class led by my friend Shannon Stebelko.
It was a fun evening out for a bunch of ladies in the community, and the best part about it? Shannon taught us how to make several delicious salads. They were delicious to say the least.

So, why am I blogging about salads? First, it was a great opportunity for me to try my hand at shooting pictures of food, which I realized is not easy. And second, I believe this totally ties in with the theme of my blog, nature.

"Food is our common ground, a universal experience." (James Beard)

And I had to add another quote for Shannon and the ladies that participated in the salad making because there were some roasted garlic lovers!

"Tomatoes and oregano make it Italian; wine and tarragon make it French. Sour cream makes it Russian; lemon and cinnamon make it Greek. Soy sauce makes it Chinese; Garlic makes it GOOD."
(Alice May Brock)

Here are some pictures I took of the wonderful food that night, enjoy! Mmmm was it ever tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment